There are some key factors that need to be satisfied when looking to purchase a property, those being the ability to meet your standard of living as well as repay the new debt. You also need to show good credit history, meaning you pay your rents and debts on time.
To qualify you also need to:
- Be over the age of 18;
- Be a Permanent Resident or Australian citizen;
- Have a good credit history;
- Be able to compile credit documentation;
- Have a minimum income of $62,000.
- The government grants can be used towards your deposit;
- If you have a family member that owns a home, then you may be able to “piggy bank” on their equity and use it as a deposit;
- Some lenders will use your rental history as a way of confirming you can meet your repayments.
Don’t worry too much about meeting the requirements of a mortgage, that is why our finance team is here to go through everything with you.
Our finance experts will identify if you qualify and to which lender you would be best suited.